31 March 2011

sour cream blackberry cupcakes

Fun fact about me #12: I bake when I get stressed. Fun fact about me #39: I love sour cream. So these lovely cupcakes just make me happy. I have a few adjustments that I want to make, but they are quite nice. Recipe adapted from Ming Makes Cupcakes. Originally the recipe calls for apricot preserves (which I wanted to try), but the store didn't have the apricot preserves that I wanted, so I went with blackberry instead.

Sour Cream Blackberry Cupcakes
1 cup flour (I used 1/2 oat flour and 1/2 coconut flour)
2 tsp. baking soda
pinch salt
1 stick butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar (I used coconut sugar)
3 Tbsp. applesauce (unsweetened)
1/2 cup sour cream
blackberry preserves


Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. In case you can't tell, I added cinnamon.


In a separate bowl combine the butter and sugar. Then add the applesauce.


Add the sour cream.


Add the dry ingredients.


Fill cupcake liners 1/3 full. Add a spoonful of preserves.


And cover with remaining dough. One adjustment that I want to make is to put a little less dough on the bottom and make sure that the entire top gets covered. I also would use less jam than I did in these. But all around they were good.

Mascarpone Frosting
8 oz. Mascarpone
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup confectioners sugar

Blend all ingredients and beat until soft peaks form. Frost cupcakes and top with toasted, sliced almonds.

No comments: