23 March 2011

cupcake madness continues. . .

I'm not even kidding you. . .I am obsessed with making cupcakes right now. . .now if I could just get someone to pay me to make them. . .

I decided to make some to take to a group I go to with church, and decided to make mango cupcakes with buttercream frosting and coconut off of mingmakescupcakes.yolasite.com.

My recipe with changes is as follows. . .fair warning: this recipe did not turn out, so I'm going to have to try it again as I have a fairly good idea what went wrong. I also was making this so that my roommate could eat them, so the recipe is adjusted for that as well.

Mango Cupcakes
1 cup flour (I used tapioca flour. . .that was my big mistake)
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp applesauce
1/2 cup sugar (I used coconut sugar)
approximately 2 mangoes diced and mashed
1/4 cup water

Combine all ingredients.






Bake at 350* for 20 minutes


The result. . .no bueno! I will be trying these again with different flour as I think that was the major problem. Since the cupcakes did not turn out, I did not end up making the frosting.

More cupcakes to come. . .

No comments: