25 March 2011

I can't wait for it to be summer. . .

. . .so that raspberries will be cheaper!! Because I fell in love with these cupcakes! So incredibly delicious!! Recipe from here. Confession: I was really tired when I made these, so I forgot to take pictures until they were ready to go in the oven. Oops.


Sour Cream Raspberry Cupcakes
1 cup flour (I used unbleached all purpose once again)
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch salt
1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp. applesauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups raspberries
1 tsp. cinnamon

Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar. Add applesauce to butter mixture, then stir in the sour cream. Add the flour mixture. Then gently fold in the raspberries. Be gentle with the raspberries. They like the blueberries are sensitive creatures and you want to maintain their integrity.



Bake at 350* for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Look at that deliciousness waiting to happen!!

Cream Cheese Frosting
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
1 cup powdered sugar

Mix ingredients by hand and then beat with a mixer until light and fluffy. Spread on cupcakes.




As you can see, I garnished with a sprinkle of cinnamon and raspberries on top. Delicious!! I'm so ready for summer!!

No comments: