06 March 2011

chicken and mushrooms

I went to the True/False film festival this last weekend. It is all documentaries, and my favorite was one called El Bulli: Cooking in Progress. It has given me so much inspiration to be creative and try new things. Tonight for supper, I decided I wanted to try a chicken and mushroom dish with Marsala wine thrown into the mix.


I started with some butter, minced garlic, onion, and fresh ginger in a sauce pan. I wanted the onions to caramelize a bit, so I let them cook for a little while before I added some sliced mushrooms to the mix along with some Marsala. I let that all cook for a while. . .with these seasonings.
Note my lovely glass of red wine in the background. . .I always think that having a drink while cooking makes the experience even more enjoyable.

Some rice cooking for an accompaniment for dinner.

I love the Spanish tradition of eating late at night. . .still cooking dinner after 9 o'clock means dinner at 9:30. . .so much fun!!


Then I moved the onion and mushroom mixture to a plate and put the chicken breasts in the same pan with some more butter, Marsala and ginger and these seasonings.

The finished plate. Chicken and mushrooms with rice and a nice salad with feta, blueberries and cucumber. . .Delicious!!

No comments: