06 April 2011

taco rice


This, my friends, is taco rice. It's super easy to make, healthy and wonderfully delicious. I used this recipe as inspiration. Once again, I was well under way of cooking when I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures, my bad. This is so easy to make, though, you don't need pictures.

Make some sushi rice. Brown some ground beef (or in my case ground elk, we are currently out of beef). Make sure you season the beef well. Use lots of cumin so it will taste taco-y. I suppose you could also use taco seasoning, but I prefer to use all the seasonings in my cupboard. Cut up some tomatoes. Tear up some lettuce (I used green leaf lettuce). And hey, if the mood hits you whip up some fresh guacamole (I'll give you my recipe some other time).

Then just layer it up. Start with rice on the bottom, top with ground beef (or elk), and add your toppings on top of that. I was thinking you could also use black beans in this and it would be good. This is also nice because people can build their own and use whatever toppings they like. A quick, healthy, delicious dinner. . .yum!

No comments: