06 April 2011

fish in cream sauce

We had some Parmesan crusted Tilapia in our freezer, but it tasted a little freezer burnt last time we had some, so we thought if we had it in a sauce of some kind it would make it a little better. (The remaining fish have since been thrown out because after this meal we realized it was past the best by date. . .oops!) I decided to try a white wine cream sauce as white sauce seems to go well with fish in my mind. Sorry I'm kind of short on pictures. . .I'm still trying to get used to taking pictures when I make food.


I started by melting some butter in a saucepan. I think this is about 2 Tbsp.


Then I added in some seasonings. I think I put in some thyme, Herbs de Provence (an herb mixture you can pick up at a place that has a good spice selection), some basil, garlic salt, hmmm. . .I think that's all. Use your imagination and add what spices you think would be good in white sauce.


After letting the spices and butter cook for just a bit, I added in some cream, white wine and about 2 Tbsp. tapioca flour dissolved in some water. Stir this until it thickens nicely.


Then just pour sauce over baked tilapia and serve with french green beans. I am eager to try this again with better fish, perhaps that I have breaded myself.

No comments: