14 September 2011

Cali-NZ Chicken

I was looking for new recipes to try, and I came across this recipe for California chicken. I made it for my roommate shortly after I returned from a trip to New Zealand. She then asked me at a later date to make New Zealand chicken. I was confused about what she was wanting me to make until we clarified that New Zealand chicken was California chicken. So now we just call it California-New Zealand chicken. It's delicious and easy to make.


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook a chicken breast (or however many people you are trying to feed). Don't cook it all the way, just partially. Season it with whatever you feel like. When it is partially cooked and properly seasoned, put it in an oven safe dish. Top with sliced tomatoes and a slice of cheese and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted. Top with sliced avocado and serve with sweet potato and green beans. Delicious!!

No comments: