11 May 2011

it's grilling season

I love to grill, so I get very happy when the weather gets to the point where it is fun to grill. I love that you can cook an entire meal on the grill which is exactly what I did the other day. My mom sent me home with some lovely porkchops, so I put those in a little marinade of olive oil, pineapple juice, basil, curry powder, turmeric, garlic salt, pepper, and chili powder. It would have been better if they could have sat in the marinade for a while or overnight, but they were good anyway.

I also just cut up a pineapple and an eggplant and grilled them as well. I had never cooked with eggplant before, and I'm interested to try cooking with it again, as it was little different by itself. I do love learning how to cook with new foods, though, so it should be fun.



A delicious, nutritious meal fresh off the grill. Hello summer!

No comments: