23 May 2011

a bit fishy

I was on my way home from work tonight (after getting off early) and trying to decide what to make for dinner (because I got off work early) when I realized that I really wanted some fish. I have been craving asparagus lately too, so I decided to stop at the grocery and get some asparagus so I could throw this all together.

Preheat oven to 350*. Start by making a nice white wine sauce for the fish. Melt about 3 Tbsp. of butter in a saucepan and add some fresh chopped garlic as well as some basil leaves, a good pour of white wine, some fresh ground pepper and a dash of cinnamon.


Put the fish fillets in an ovenproof pan then pour the sauce over them. Drizzle with some olive oil and pour in another good splash of white wine.


Place asparagus and some diced tomatoes in the pan with the fish. Place in the oven and bake for 20 ish minutes.


While that is baking, cut up some fresh pineapple and melt about 2 Tbsp. of butter in a skillet. Pour in a dash of rum (I used guava rum because I had some on hand. And I recommend it if you can because the flavor was fantastic!). Sprinkle it with cinnamon and drizzle in some honey. Then add in the pineapple. Allow to cook for just a bit, but not so long that the pineapple gets mushy.


To plate up this delicious meal add some diced, uncooked tomato to the top of the fish and asparagus with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Make sure you get a little of the sauce from the fish spooned over it and spoon on some of the sauce from the pineapple over it as well. I was sad that the grocery didn't have green asparagus because it would have made the plate so much prettier, but alas they did not have any.

No comments: